Ten Awesome Things About Getting Older 12 Jun
Ten Awesome Things About Getting Older:
1. You no longer care what people think. You own your style, your flaws, your awesomeness. You don’t have time for that nonsense.
2. There’s no guilt when turning down invites, saying no to things that don’t serve you and sending regrets. You know where you need to be and put yourself there; no GPS is required.
3. You know who your people are and let go of those who aren’t. Again, you ain’t got time for that stuff.
4. You are grateful for the things you have and no longer desire the things you don’t. Purge. Save. Choose wisely.
5. You can smell BS a mile away. Users don’t stand a chance. And energy suckers are toast.
6. You know what you like when it comes to things like food, fashion, company, movies, music. And you aren’t afraid to ask for it.
7. You no longer feel guilty when you can’t return a text, email, phone call because you accept the season you are in. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna keep lovin.
8. You can go places alone without a hassle, like the grocery store, Target, doctor’s appointments, and hair salon. Your kids are old enough to stay home without a sitter, or they can wait in the lobby. Sit. Stay. Come.
9. No one needs you every second of every day, all day. And when you go places, your people carry their own stuff. You can dress cute again and take a handbag rather than a mom-bag. You pretty much own your FAB-U-LOUS-NESS!
10. You value your health but also don’t expect perfection. You exercise for well-being because booty shorts are not and should not be in your wheelhouse. Nothing beats a hot cup of coffee (or two). And you happily spend Saturday’s with your kids because you have learned the days are long but the years are short.